Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

No cards today :(

It's always a sad day when I go check the mailbox and I find nothing but bills. Who knew I'd someday look forward to the mailman's daily arrival?! Even though nothing arrived today, I'd like to show you some of my favorite kinds of cards these days. Therefore, the next few posts will showcase some of my current collections.

First, we will begin with Gotochi cards. I love these cards! When I first joined Postcrossing, I'd seen people with these cards on their wishlists and thought to myself, what's the big deal? Now I know. They are gorgeous cards. Solidly made, colorful, and they focus on one specific event, place, or thing that is special for each prefecture in Japan. Prefectures are like counties, or provinces. The most recent Gotochi card I've received was from Osaka prefecture. Here is the info behind the card:

[Tsutenkaku]
July 2010 released
Non-standard-size mail one 185 yen (tax included)
Dimensions: width 100 mm x height 170 mm
Part number: PB30G2
※ When sending by mail, please paste your stamp of 120 yen worth.
  1. ■ Tsutenkaku (Osaka)
Current Tsutenkaku the second generation. Founder was built in about 90 years ago, the top is the Eiffel Tower, under was the unusual design of the Arc de Triomphe.
Hours: 9:00 to 21:00 (seven days a week)
http://www.tsutenkaku.co.jp/
Gotochi - OSAKA 2011


My goal is to collect one Gotochi from each prefecture. My collection is small, so far, but I hope to gain more towards my goal this year. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment